Palazzo Tolomei (Historical Residences) Firenze
Palazzo Tolomei is a magnificent period residence in the heart of Florence, only recently transformed in luxury guest house. In 1695, to celebrate his marriage to Maria Ugolini, the wealthy Florentine goldsmith Leon Battista Del Chiaro enlarged the family's splendid town house in Via Ginori and embellished its interiors with a series of incredibly ornate frescoes and stuccoes.
Palazzo Tolomei's large frescoed halls, suites, and apartments still conserve great deal of their original renaissance appeal, an appeal which, over the years, has been but increased by the addition of important art works such as Giovanni Baratta's statue of Diana, and elaborate frescoes by Giuseppe Nicola Nasini and Alessandro Gherardini.
Today, Palazzo Tolomei provides sumptuous guest accommodation for those travelers searching for utmost exclusivity. The elegant rooms of the historic residence have been transformed in suites and apartments in which to find a pleasing combination of period furnishings and the comforts and technology of a modern hotel. Air conditioning, hydromassage baths, and high speed internet connectivity are, in fact, standard amenities in all categories of room.
During the day, the public rooms provide the perfect environment where to relax, perhaps conversing with the other guests or simply reading a good book. Fitness fans will be pleased to discover Palazzo Tolomei's well equipped gym where, surrounded by beautiful frescoes, they can participate in aerobics, step, yoga or pilates classes.
Three good reasons
- A night in what was once Leon Battista Del Chiaro's Florentine residence.
- The artworks by Alessandro Gherardini and Giovanni Baratta.
- The vicinity to masterpieces the likes of Michelangelo's David.
Via Ginori, 19 - 50123 Firenze (Firenze)
Tel. +39 327 7023861
Palazzo Tolomei amenities
- Relaxation room
- Reading room
- Air conditioning
- DVD player
- CD player
- Selection of CDs (also for children)
- Buffet breakfast
- Garage at 50m (fee)
- Daily newspaper
- Laundry and pressing service
- Multilingual guide for visits to museums, monuments and shopping
- Private chauffeur for excursions and transfers
- Tickets for museums, theaters and concerts
- Reservations in typical restaurants
- Tours and excursions of Florence and Tuscany
- Tastings of wine and typical products
- Mini cooking courses (Mediterranean and Tuscan cuisine)